Rooted in the community. Branching into the future.
Learning together within a Christian environment.
Recognising its historic foundation, Flockton CE (C) First School will preserve and develop its religious character in accordance with the principles of the Church of England and in partnership with the Church at parish and diocesan level.
Our School aims to serve its community by providing an education of the highest quality within the context of Christian belief and practice. It encourages an understanding of the meaning and significance of faith, and promotes Christian values through the experience it offers to all its pupils.
We create a happy, safe and secure environment for our learners to grow and achieve their full potential academically, physically, spiritually, emotionally and economically. We achieve this by:
- Providing an inclusive environment and curriculum, which enables learners to value and respect themselves and others.
- Providing opportunities to understand the meaning and significance of faith and take part in Christian worship; building on our positive working relationship with the church.
- Providing a broad, balanced, experiential curriculum which meets the needs of individual learners; offers challenges and celebrates high standards of achievement both academic and personal.
- Encouraging independent learning so that life skills such as: resilience, confidence, high self-esteem, self-motivation are developed, creating enthusiasm and enjoyment for discovery.
- Encouraging learners to make positive life choices which enable them to live a healthy and productive lifestyle.
- Encouraging all learners to play a full and active part in the life of our school and contribute to its development.
- Promoting positive working relationships within school and with parents/carers, the church and community, actively encouraging respect for each other and our environment.
We believe that children’s full potential is best achieved when we all work together.