Address Details/Contact Numbers
It is important that your contact details are always kept up to date. Please notify the school office immediately of any changes.
Allergies / Food Intolerances
If your child has any food allergies/intolerances; please contact the school office. A healthcare plan may need to be drawn up between parents/carers, school and medical practitioners.
- We have to be aware that some children in school may have a nut allergy and for this reason we ask that no nut products are brought into school at any time.
Attendance & Absences
School Opening Times: 8.55am - 12.00 & 1.00pm - 3.30pm
- School opens at 8:50am; children should not arrive at school any earlier than 8.45am.
- We have a security system fitted to all exterior doors which are locked for the security of children at 9.05am. Anyone arriving at school after that time should ring the bell at the main entrance and the parent/carer needs to report to the office to sign the child in.
- Government regulations regarding school attendance make it essential that your child is at school on time. Registers will close at 9.05am for the morning and 1.10pm for the afternoon sessions; if children arrive after registers are closed they will be marked ‘Late’ on the register. This is classed as an unauthorised absence.
- It is important to note that whilst every reasonable care is taken to ensure children’s safety when they are on the premises before the start of the day, staff are busy preparing lessons and your child is legally in your charge until 8.50am.
Please encourage your child to be a good timekeeper by ensuring he/she is ready to start work at 9:00am.
End of the School Day at 3:30pm:
- Children in Years R, 1, 2 and 3 are seen out of the door by their teacher or ETA
- Children in Years 4 and 5 go to meet their parents / carers in the playground. They are told to return to class if no-one is there to meet them.
- To develop independence in preparation for Middle School, Y5 pupils living in the village may walk to and from school on their own in the final summer half term. Please inform the class teacher if you intend to do this.
- If you think you are going to be late arriving to collect your child, please try to let us know so that we can reassure them and take care of them until they are collected.
- However, if you know that you are going to be over 10 minutes late, please make arrangements for someone to collect your child.
- It is vital that you inform school if someone else will be picking up your child. We will not let your child leave school unless we have received notification from you.
If your child is absent from school due to sickness or other reason please telephone school
01924 326800 on the first day of absence before 9:15 to give the reason. Alternatively email email@example.com . If you do not contact the school, in order to comply with our Child Safeguarding Policy, the following procedures will be followed:
- If no response to primary contact, ring down contact list until reply is received, ensuring where possible that someone from outside of the family home has been contacted
- Contact another school if a sibling is involved
- Alert someone on Senior Management Team that this child is absent and no contact
- Senior Management Team to risk-assess a home visit.
- Home visit to be made following decision where possible by school staff or any other agency involved with the child. School staff should attend in a pair. Liaise with other site if sibling involved.
- Contact Police to initiate a “safe and well” check if all other stages have been completed and there is still no contact regarding the absent child. This should be done using the 101 number by a Safeguarding Lead
Where possible we aim to send correspondence via ParentPay, therefore, please ensure your email address is up-to-date on ParentPay. We also have a text messaging service to send out key messages. Please ensure that you keep both email address and contact numbers up to date.
- We will administer prescription medication required by your child during school hours only if it has been prescribed for 4 doses a day. To do this we need you to complete an administration of medication form, available from the school office or downloadable from our school website.
- The form and medication should be delivered to the school office.
- For long term illnesses Health Care Plans need to be drawn up with parents/carers, school and medical practitioners.
Accidents and Injuries in School
- If your child has a minorbumped head you will receive a text message and also a note home giving further details.
- A call home is made if the bump is causing concern, otherwise a bumped head letter will be sent home with the child.
- If there is any incident involving a head or other injury, which gives cause for concern, every attempt will be made to contact you directly.
We are a “cashless” school and any payment due will need to be made via the secure online payment service at www.parentpay.com. Details of log-ins etc will be sent when any payment is required.
- All pupils in Year Reception, 1 and 2 are entitled to the universal free school meal, however if you wish your child to have a packed lunch we can accommodate this.
- Children in Year 3, 4 and 5 who are entitled to Statutory Free School Meals will receive a free school meal, otherwise meals are paid for using the ParentPay online payment system. Please note that we do not allow children to bring sweets or chocolate to school.
- We also have to be aware that some children in school may have a nut allergy and for this reason we ask that no nut products are brought into school at any time.
- If you wish to change meal arrangements; dinners to sandwiches and vice-versa please telephone the school office to arrange.
Free School Meals & Pupil Premium
The pupil premium gives schools extra funding to raise the attainment of children in school. If you receive any of the following benefits please apply online www.kirklees.gov.uk/schoolmeals or call 01484 221928:
- Income Support
- Income Based Job Seekers Allowance
- Income Related Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit, but are not entitled to a Working Tax Credit and your annual income (as assessed by Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs) is less than £16,190
- Support under Part V1 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Universal Credit
In order that the school can receive this funding it is important for all eligible parents to apply.
Once your entitlement is confirmed your child will be eligible to:
- Fee School Meals
- Free School Milk
- Support towards the cost of school trips where funds allow
- Free After School Clubs where funds allow
Please contact the school office if you require any further information.
School Uniform is available from Term Time Wear, St Johns Road, Huddersfield (www.termtimewear.com)
- Royal blue sweatshirt or cardigan
- Gold polo shirt
- Dark grey/black trousers/shorts/skirts/pinafore dresses
- Blue and white gingham or striped dresses for girls in summer
- Other uniform items are available i.e. book and PE bags, shower proof jacket, fleeces, hats and caps - all with the school logo embroidered on them
- Children should wear clean, sensible and comfortable footwear.
Indoor Activities: Plain t-shirt, (school t-shirts are available), blue or black shorts and pumps.
Outdoor Activities: In addition to above, warm jumper and jogging bottoms, tracksuits are acceptable. We ask that children are provided with trainers as footwear and do not wear outdoor.
- Jewellery should not be worn as this represents a danger to the wearer and other children.
- Where children have pierced ears, only studs will be allowed and these must be able to be removed by the child for PE and swimming.
- We ask that children do not wear make-up or nail varnish in school.
Please ensure all items of clothing are named.
From time to time we may distribute information to families and individuals from external services (e.g. holiday activities, sports clubs etc.). We do not endorse any of these services. It is the parent/carer's responsibility to assess the suitability of the organisation.